Tuesday 30 October 2012

31 October 2012: Australians and the Battle of Britain


31 October 2012: Australians and the Battle of Britain

This is my final daily post on the actions of John ‘Jack’ Connolly Kennedy, Stuart Crosby Walch, Richard ‘Dick’ Lindsay Glyde, Paterson Clarence Hughes, Kenneth Christopher Holland, John Dallas Crossman, William Henry Millington Jr, Peter John Moore, and Desmond Frederick Burt Sheen.

Farewell, men of honour and courage.
 
 
You can, however, read more of Jack, Stuart, Dick, John and Des in my Australian Eagles which will be released in July 2013. And in 2015, all going well, you will be able to read my detailed account of Nine of the Few.

And, as my research is continuing, I am sure I will have much more to say about Australia’s Battle of Britain pilots. Just not every day!

Vale all good and brave men who fought and died in the Battle of Britain, and after, and during all wars. They will be remembered.

And to ‘my’ nine Australian pilots of the Battle. All fought bravely and well, and helped to protect Britain from invasion. 72 years later, their contribution and sacrifice is still remembered. It has been a great joy and privilege for me to bring their stories to a wider readership.
 
 
Richard Lindsay Glyde
 

John Connolly Kennedy
 
 
Kenneth Christopher Holland
 
 
Paterson Clarence Hughes


Peter John Moore

 
Stuart Crosby Walch


 
Desmond Frederick Burt Sheen

 
William Henry Millington Jr

 
 
John Dallas Crossman
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment