Wednesday 12 September 2012

Australian Eagles

I am very excited: I have some wonderful news to share.

I am still slowly working on the book of 'my' Australian pilots in the Battle of Britain, as well as these daily posts, but a wonderful opportunity presented itself recently.

Ian Gordon of Barrallier Books has been following my Battle of Britain research for some time now and was most interested when I mentioned that, as well as winning the Military Historical Society of Australia's Sabretache Writers Prize 2012, I have written a number of Battle of Britain articles. After reading a couple, he asked if he could publish them in a small Battle of Britain collection in both ebook and real book.

Barrallier has a reputation as a publisher of quality books and Ian has been a friend for sometime so, needless to say, I am thrilled and of course, I said yes!

The pilots in the collection are: Jack Kennedy (Spitfire and Hurricane pilot of 238 Squadron), Dick Glyde (Hurricane pilot of 87 Squadron), Stuart Walch (Hurricane pilot of 238 Squadron), Des Sheen (Spitfire pilot of 72 Squadron), John Crossman (Hurricane pilot of 46 Squadron) and James Coward (Spitfire pilot of 19 Squadron). Jack, Dick, Stuart, Des and John are all Australian born, and James is an 'adopted' Australian.

There will be an intro setting the scene, then the six brief biographical articles, and a concluding 70th commemoration section. Five of the six pilots will feature in the ultimate opus but in much more detail. At about 30-35000 words, this will serve as a taster.

So, I am well and truly off the street over the next few weeks as we aim for a Christmas release. I will keep you posted on price and availability details!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment