Wednesday 6 March 2013

Australia's Few. An Intimate History of the Battle of Britain.

 
 
I  am very much looking forward to the publication of Australian Eagles in July.
 
Coincidenally, it will be my third book published in the middle of Australia's winter!
 
I have not put my pen down (so to speak as I use a keyboard) and continue to research and write. I am now well into a more detailed work on eight Australians in the Battle of Britain, working title Australia's Few. An Intimate History of the Battle of Britain aka The Opus.
 
In the last month of my particular Battle of Britain chronology, Stuart Walch and Dick Glyde became the first Australians to score in the Battle of Britain, Jack Kennedy has died, John Crossman and Ken Holland have gone to OTUs, Des Sheen has arrived back in England after taking the long way home from France, Bill Millington has discovered there is nothing chivalrous about air fighting and Pat Hughes has got married.
 
Today I turn to Stuart Walch as he builds on his initial success over the Channel. 
 
 
Stuart Walch, 1940. Doesn't he look like Ronald Coleman?  

No comments:

Post a Comment