Wednesday 5 December 2012

Australian Eagles: Photo

I have assembled some great photos for 'Australian Eagles'. (Not that I am biased or anything!)
 
They range from intimate shots mounted in family albums to exciting images of pre-and wartime Hurricanes and Spitfires in flight.
 
I am very fortunate that most photos were provided by the pilots’ families but a handful resulted from a recent appeal to my aviation friends for period aircraft photos.
 

Here’s a rare photo courtesy of the North Weald Airfield Museum which shows Stuart Walch’s CO at 151 Squadron, Squadron Leader Teddy Donaldson, landing at North Weald in late 1938.
 
I spoke to Ian Gordon of Barrallier Books the other day and typesetting is going well. Before we know it, it will be July 2013 and 'Australian Eagles' will be hot off the presses!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment